Monday, January 12, 2009

That family that pukes together

It's had been almost three years since our last family stomach bug weekend. We took advantage of the cold weather and decided to stay inside and throw-up for a grand total of 26 times between three of us. Please note that this total does not include trips to the bathroom for other unpleasantness. I have determined that the longest distance from point A to B is my bedroom to the bathroom. Last time, the bathroom was right in my bedroom, but not this time. If you are lucky enough to have a master bedroom with a bath attached, I covet your space. Reason number #51 it is time to buy a new house. It is extremely humbling to call your babysitter and ask her to bring over some sprite and Gatorade but as the two adults could not stand up and the five year old doesn't drive, we had no choice. What is worse the five year old has a raging case of strep on top of his stomach bug. He spend the last two weeks getting sick because of strep and the past weekend getting sick from a virus. He has lost 3 pounds which he definitely could not afford to do. I on the other had have managed to purge myself of 5 pounds with I definitely had in savings to spend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all joking aside...i fear this day when i have kids. for real.